Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is inspired by "Turtles" chocolates, a sticky caramel top layer on top of a chocolate brownie!..... instead of chocolate frosting, try this caramel topping on your next batch of brownies... no need for a candy thermometer to make this.
Top Review by Hag chef
This is so good! I just made this to top off a caramel pecan cheesecake (#3130) for a fundraiser. There wasn't any left to take home! I followed the instructions exactly. At first, I thought it wasn't going to work, but after a few minutes, the colour changed, and it turned out perfectly. I had to let it cool quite a bit, or it may have melted the cheesecake. Thanks for the great recipe.
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan, bring sugar, corn syrup, water and a pinch of salt to a boil over medium heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved, then boil the mixture WITHOUT stirring until it turns a golden caramel.
- Remove the pan from heat, and carefully add in cream and vanilla (mixture will bubble up and steam).
- Stir in pecans and quickly pour mixture over top of cooled brownies, spreading with a spoon.