Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cream cheese, room temp
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs, room temp
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- For the crust, place the cracker crumbs,
- butter and sugar in a small bowl, and toss with a fork.
- Press mixture over the bottom of a 9" springform pan.
- Bake the crust until it is crisp and golden in color, about 10 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Reduce the heat to 300F.
- Place a roasting pan or baking dish filled with hot water on the bottom rack of the oven to create moisture. For the cake filling, cream the cream cheese in a medium size mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for 1 minutes.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add brown sugar and beat on medium-high until the cream cheese is fluffy, about 1 minute. Scrape the bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla, and beat on medium-low speed until smooth, about 45 seconds.
- Scrape the bowl.
- Add flour, and mix on low speed about 5 seconds.
- Add the pecans and mix to blend, 15 to 20 seconds.
- Pour the filling over the crust. Bake the cake on the center oven rack until the top is set, about 1 3/4 hours.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool on a wire rack for 1 1/2 hours, then refrigerate overnight. Two hours before serving the cake, prepare the topping.
- Place the brown sugar, cream and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and continue to boil for 1 1/2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- The mixture will look like a thick golden syrup.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour the topping into a small bowl to stop the cooking process.
- When it stops bub bling, pour it over the cheesecake. Tip the springform pan from side to side so that the topping coats the cake evenly.
- Keep the cake at room temperature until ready to serve.