Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
From kraft foods.
- 9 whole graham crackers, finely crushed
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup pecan halves, divided
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix graham crumbs, granulated sugar and margarine;
- Press firmly onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate; set aside.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the pecans into shallow baking pan.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Finely chop pecans; sprinkle evenly onto bottom of crust. Set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°F
- Beat cream cheese, brown sugar and vanilla in small bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add in eggs; mix just until blended.
- Pour over pecans in crust.
- Arrange remaining pecans around edge of pie.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Drizzle with caramel topping just before serving.
- Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
A FANTASTIC dessert for us last night. You might look at this first and see all the steps to this, but it is quite simple. Outstanding taste and flavor makes this one to make. The only thing I did different was I used fat free cream cheese. Made for AUS/NZ recipe swap #26.