Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Salty pretzels and cashews top this ice cream dessert.
Make and share this Caramel Topped Ice Cream Dessert recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups finely crushed sugar cookies
- 1⁄4 cup cashews, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup real semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 (5 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pretzel stick, coarsely crushed
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- Combine all crust ingredients in medium bowl; mix well. Press onto bottom of ungreased 13x9 inch baking pan. Freezer 10 minutes.
- Spread ice cream over crust. Cover; freeze until set (1 to 2 hours).
- Meanwhile, combine all fudge layer ingredients in 2 quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil (7 to 9 minutes). Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool completely (about 1 1/2 hours).
- Pour cooled chocolate mixture over frozen ice cream. Freeze until set (4 hours or overnight).
- Meanwhile, combine pretzel sticks and cashews in small bowl; set aside.
- Before serving, let dessert stand at room temperature 10 to 15 minutes. Cut into servings; top each serving with about 1 tablespoon pretzel mixture. Drizzle each with about 1 tablespoon caramel topping.