Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
Salty pretzels and cashews top this ice cream dessert.
Make and share this Caramel Topped Ice Cream Dessert recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups finely crushed sugar cookies
- 1⁄4 cup cashews, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup real semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 (5 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pretzel stick, coarsely crushed
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- Combine all crust ingredients in medium bowl; mix well. Press onto bottom of ungreased 13x9 inch baking pan. Freezer 10 minutes.
- Spread ice cream over crust. Cover; freeze until set (1 to 2 hours).
- Meanwhile, combine all fudge layer ingredients in 2 quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil (7 to 9 minutes). Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool completely (about 1 1/2 hours).
- Pour cooled chocolate mixture over frozen ice cream. Freeze until set (4 hours or overnight).
- Meanwhile, combine pretzel sticks and cashews in small bowl; set aside.
- Before serving, let dessert stand at room temperature 10 to 15 minutes. Cut into servings; top each serving with about 1 tablespoon pretzel mixture. Drizzle each with about 1 tablespoon caramel topping.
This recipe gets 5 stars for the fudge sauce alone! I saw the recipe and loved the idea. I had white chocolate macadamia cookies that weren't getting eaten so I used that as the crust and adjusted the butter accordingly and for the middle layer I used some cookies n' cream ice cream and poured the fudge sauce on top. Left out the garnish (topping layer) and made in a springform pan. Love it! Thank you posting and inspiring me. I will definitely be making the fudge sauce to use in the future too.