Salty pretzels and cashews top this ice cream dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup real semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 (5 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pretzel stick, coarsely crushed
- 1/2 cup cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 1Combine all crust ingredients in medium bowl; mix well. Press onto bottom of ungreased 13x9 inch baking pan. Freezer 10 minutes.
- 2Spread ice cream over crust. Cover; freeze until set (1 to 2 hours).
- 3Meanwhile, combine all fudge layer ingredients in 2 quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil (7 to 9 minutes). Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool completely (about 1 1/2 hours).
- 4Pour cooled chocolate mixture over frozen ice cream. Freeze until set (4 hours or overnight).
- 5Meanwhile, combine pretzel sticks and cashews in small bowl; set aside.
- 6Before serving, let dessert stand at room temperature 10 to 15 minutes. Cut into servings; top each serving with about 1 tablespoon pretzel mixture. Drizzle each with about 1 tablespoon caramel topping.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Topped Ice Cream Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.4
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 59.3 mg
- Sodium 276.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 30.8 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: