Beaurtiful squares with pretty red berries running throughout. Take these out when the edges get dark. The center will set up as the pan cools off. From Southern Living brownies and squares pamphlet. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (may substitute about 1/3 cup whole wheat flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup uncooked regular oats (old fashioned)
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (or margarine)
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup caramel topping
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1Stir together cranberries and 1 tbls. sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
- 2Combine remaining 4 tbls. suagr, 1 cup flour, baking soda, oats, and brown sugar. Stir in melted butter until crumbly.
- 3Reserve 1/2 cup flour mixture. Press remaining mixture into bottom of a lightly greased 8" square pan.
- 4Bake at 350*F. for 18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 5Sprinkle with dates, pecans, and reserved cranberry mixture. Stir together caramel topping and 2 tbls. flour in a small bowl; spoon over top. Sprinkle with reserved flour mixture.
- 6Bake at 350*F. for 26-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 7Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
- 8Makes 16 squares. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Topped Cranberry Streusel Squares
Serving Size: 1 (926 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.8
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 15.3 mg
- Sodium 110.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 3.2 g