Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Good yummy caramel square..
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (according to family likings) (optional)
- Combine all base three ingredients and pat into a 7 x 11 brownie pan.
- Bake at 350°F 20 minutes or until golden.
- Place butter, sugar, syrup and sweetened condensed milk into a saucepot over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, for five minutes, stirring constantly, as it can burn easily.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat with a spoon until it starts to thicken: pour over the baked cooled base.
- Melt chips in a saucepot and when smooth, spread over caramel.Again the melted chocolate drizzled over the top can be optional.
- Chill and cut into squares.
Love this square. After I started making it I realized it was so very similiar to a square that I have been making for a number of years and always has been a favorite. Easy to prepare and it looks so "dainty". I made it in a 9x9 pan and it was perfect. Thanks andypandy.
This is an awesome recipe. It is one of my families favorites!!
This Caramel Square is a delicious addition to the serving tray. So irresistibly good. Have added this to my Holiday Cookbook. This one is not only a five but it's a keeper as well! Thank you for sharing.