Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
these are grand..I use Mrs. Richardson's hot fugde..but a jar of your favorite will work just as well..we always serve these during buffets...it is just the bite of something sweet that we sometimes want at the end of any meal..
- cream together butter and powdered sugar -- add 2 tsps cornstarch.slowly add flour to make a dough.
- form dough into small balls and put in miniature muffin tins.
- press dough to form.
- bake at 8 minutes at 350*.the dough will puff up --
- press dough down -- let cool and remove from tin for filling.
- Use fudge topping.spoon a little of the topping into each cup --
- melt caramels with a little milk in microwave or in saucepan on low -- stir till smooth.
- spoon a little of caramel sauce on top of fudge filling.
- top off cups with a small amount of vanilla frosting --
- may add a small piece of cherry or pecan to top of frosting.
OK, so I cheated. I baked the shells half way, then pressed the caramels into them and put them back in the oven until the caramels melted and the shells were golden. After they cooled a bit I topped them with the fudge topping and iced them.