Recipe by grandma2969
these are grand..I use Mrs. Richardson's hot fugde..but a jar of your favorite will work just as well..we always serve these during buffets...it is just the bite of something sweet that we sometimes want at the end of any meal..
Top Review by Cathleen Colbert
OK, so I cheated. I baked the shells half way, then pressed the caramels into them and put them back in the oven until the caramels melted and the shells were golden. After they cooled a bit I topped them with the fudge topping and iced them.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 10 ounces hot fudge topping
- 16 ounces caramels
- 14 ounces vanilla frosting
Directions See How It's Made
- cream together butter and powdered sugar -- add 2 tsps cornstarch.slowly add flour to make a dough.
- form dough into small balls and put in miniature muffin tins.
- press dough to form.
- bake at 8 minutes at 350*.the dough will puff up --
- press dough down -- let cool and remove from tin for filling.
- Use fudge topping.spoon a little of the topping into each cup --
- melt caramels with a little milk in microwave or in saucepan on low -- stir till smooth.
- spoon a little of caramel sauce on top of fudge filling.
- top off cups with a small amount of vanilla frosting --
- may add a small piece of cherry or pecan to top of frosting.