Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This cake form a caramel pecan crown during baking. Do not know the origin of this recipe.
- 18 1⁄2 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Generously grease and flour a 10-inch bundt cake pan.
- In a large mixer bowl, combine dry cake mix, water, eggs, and vanilla.
- Blend until moistened.
- Beat as directed on package.
- Measure 1 cup batter into a small mixing bowl.
- Add the caramel topping, nuts and flour; mix well.
- Pour half the yellow cakebatter into prepared pan; pour caramel mixture over batter in pan.
- Cover with remaining batter; swirl lightly.
- Bake at 350F for 40 to 50 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; cool upright in pan 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Cool completely.