Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A Passion for Baking by Marcy Goldman
- 2 cups unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup quick oats
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounces dulce de leche
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously spray a 13x9 pan with nonstick cooking spray and place it on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- In a mixer bowl, blend butter and both sugars. Add eggs, vanilla, and oats and blend well. Fold in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Then fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter in prepared pan. Top with dulce de leche and then swirl or smear dulche de leche into batter.
- Bake 38 minutes or until batter is set (not wobbly and jiggly). If brownies seem browned around the edges and still jiggly in the center, reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees and continue baking 10 to 15 minutes longer or until set.
- Refrigerate or freeze 1 hour. Cut into large hunks or blocks.
I really liked the taste of these and the fact that they were very moist.Surprisingly moist after having to cook them for a little over an hour.The caramel on top tends to soak into the middle which delayed the middle from baking as fast as it should.The edges were a little drier than I would have liked but still very good all the same.
I cut this recipe from a flyer that I received in the mail some time back and was just about to post it. They are yummy! The only differences in the recipe that I have is the amount of the vanilla extract and the dulce de leche. My recipe says 4 teaspoons while this recipe says 1 teaspoon. Plus just a note: the dulce de leche in my recipe says 1 14-ounce can. I don't know if that will help anyone but I thought I'd mention it! Thanks for posting!
The kids loved these but I thought they were just ok. I only made half of the recipe but used 1 cup of chocolate chips in it. Made for Newest Zaar Tag