1/3 Photos of Caramel Swirl Apple Cheesecake (Crock-Pot)
3 hrs 30 mins
This recipe made in the crock pot making your life easier by freeing up the oven for other comfort food to be prepared. Also keeps your kitchen cooler. Creamy cheesecake is swirled with prepared caramel and topped with cinnamony apple slices. This is made in a 7 inch spring-form pan that rests on a foil ring.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon apple cider
- 3/4 cup crushed graham cracker
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, Packed
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced 1/4 inch
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon flour or 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4-1/3 cup prepared caramel ice cream topping
- 1Prepare pan:.
- 2Grease a 7 or 8 inch spring-form pan with Pam or butter. Cut wax paper to cover bottom and butter it. Make sure the pan fits in your crock-pot. I was able to use an 8 inch spring form in mine. It does not rest on the bottom of the crock-pot but rests on the top edge. Which is a good thing! Or crumble up foil making a ring with it then placing it in the crock pot so the pan rests and stays lifted off the bottom of the crock.
- 4Mix all the ingredients for the crust.
- 5Place in the prepared spring-form pan, using an oiled plastic wrap over the crust press down to form a crust around the bottom and just over the seam of the pan. A nice trick for spreading the crust with ease and no sticking to hands. Discard wrap.
- 7In a large pan over high heat add topping ingredients. Bring to a boil and then simmer till reduced about 7 minutes. Set aside keeping in pan.
- 9Beat cream cheese and sugar till completely smooth with no lumps. Must be smooth at this point.
- 10Add remaining ingredients just to mix in do not over beat at this point.
- 11Pour filling into crust.
- 12Drizzle the caramel over the filling and swirl lightly throughout.
- 13Place apple slices in a spoke pattern over filling.
- 14Reserving the goodness in the pan for deglazing later.
- 15Pour into the crock pot with foil 1-2 cups hot water. Then place the cheesecake on the foil out of the water.
- 16Cook on high for 2 1/2 hours. Unplug pot and then rest for 1-2 hours.
- 17De glaze pan:.
- 18Deglaze the pan with the cider loosening any of the cinnamon and sugar that remains adding the nuts if using to coat. Reduce to half and set aside till cake has rested 1-2 hours.
- 19Spread glaze over apples with a pastry brush. Chill before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Swirl Apple Cheesecake (Crock-Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.5
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 99.0 mg
- Sodium 228.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 23.3 g
- Protein 4.9 g