Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 (32 ounce) carton low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 1 egg white
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 cups cubed peeled golden delicious apples
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free caramel topping
- 2 tablespoons fat-free caramel topping
- cinnamon stick
- Place colander in a 2-quart glass measure or bowl.
- Line colander with 4 layers of cheesecloth, allowing cheesecloth to extend over edge of bowl.
- Spoon yogurt into colander.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap; refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Spoon yogurt cheese into a bowl; discard liquid.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar, margarine and egg white in a bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until blended.
- Add crumbs and cinnamon; stir well.
- Firmly press mixture into bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes; let cool.
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Combine brown sugar and orange juice in a large nonstick skillet; bring to a boil.
- Add apple; cook for 8 minutes until apple is tender and liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally.
- Set aside.
- Combine yogurt cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and next 5 ingredients in a bowl; beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Spoon apple mixture into prepared pan.
- Pour cheese mixture over apples; top with 1/3 cup sundae syrup and swirl with a knife to create a marbled effect.
- Bake at 300° for 1 hour until almost set.
- Turn oven off.
- Loosen cake from sides of pan using a narrow metal spatula or knife.
- Let cheesecake stand for 40 minutes in oven with door closed.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- Drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons sundae syrup over top; garnish with cinnamon stick, if desired.