Recipe by mandabears
This recipe is so good and easy. I keep on misplacing my recipe card so I thought I should post while I know where it is. I think everyone who likes caramel will love them.
Top Review by Somogirl
Not only was this very easy,also many compliments.However I found the amount of bottom crust called for was not enough.I probably used about a half cup more.I then added appx. 1/4 cup cocoa powder to stretch topping mix.I used sliced almonds for nuts.My co-workers loved them.Thanks!
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup cold butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup nuts, chopped
- 24 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl combine flour, brown sugar and egg.
- Cut in 1/2 cup butter.
- Stir in nuts.
- Reserve 2 cups of crumb mixture.
- Press remaining mixtuew firmly in bottom of greased 9 x 13" pan, I use Pam baking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt caramels, condensed milk and 1/4 cup remaining butter.
- Cook until smooth.
- Pour over crust.
- Sprinkle evenlly with remaining crumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Cool. Cut into bars.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature.