Recipe by Hazeleyes
Our family loves cinnamon rolls, and this is a favorite.
Top Review by Red Hook
A perfect recipe. I only had an hour for the first rise and it turned out wonderful.. This recipe reminds me of the one my mom made growing up. I ended up melting the butter instead of just softening it because I was in a hurry. Thanks for sharing! YUM!
- 3 1⁄2-4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
For the caramel topping
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons of softened butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 2 cups of the flour, ( reserve the remaining flour) with the sugar, salt and yeast in a large bowl.
- Add warm milk, 1/4 cup butter and the egg and beat with mixer at low speed for one minute. Scrap bowl, and beat on medium speed for one minute.
- Stir in remaining four to make dough easy to handle.
- Knead about 5 minutes, until smooth and springy.
- Place in large greased bowl. Cover, and let rise for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- For the caramel topping, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in a saucepan over low heat.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, and pour into 9x13" pan.
- Deflate dough, and roll into a 15x10" rectangle.
- Spread with 2 Tablespoons of soft butter.
- Sprinkle with the combined brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll up tightly, and cut into 15 slices, about 1 inch wide.
- Place slightly apart in pan.
- Cover, and let rise 30 minutes.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let stand 2-3 minutes, then turn upside down to release from pan.