1/2 Photos of Caramel Squares
1 hr 5 mins
These are very popular all over Britain and can often be found in cafes, served with morning coffee or afternoon tea.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/2 ounces butter
- 3 ounces brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 8 ounces chocolate, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- 2To make the base, place the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- 3Mix in the cornflour and plain flour, turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly.
- 4Press into a greased and lined 7 x 11 shallow cake tin and bake for 25 minutes or until firm.
- 5To make the filling, place the butter, brown sugar and honey in a saucepan and cook over a medium heat, stirring constantly until the sugar melts and the ingredients are combined.
- 6Bring to the boil and simmer for 7 minutes.
- 7Beat in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla essence.
- 8Pour the filling over the base and bake for 20 minutes longer.
- 9Set aside to cool completely.
- 10Spread the melted chocolate over the filling and set aside until firm, then cut into squares.
- 11Store at room temperature in a cookie tin or airtight container.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Squares
Serving Size: 1 (1162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.4
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 24.9 mg
- Sodium 88.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 3.0 g