Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very addictive, never lasts the weekend in my house. Prep time does not include cooling time.
- 4 ounces butter
- 4 ounces sugar
- 6 ounces flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons golden syrup
- 1 (395 g) can condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 200 g milk chocolate, buttons
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and salt.
- Add flour and baking powder.
- Press into greased sponge roll tin and bake about 15 min at 350°F.
- Melt together golden syrup, condensed milk and butter.
- Spread onto the cooked shorbread and return to oven to set, about 5 minutes.
- Melt chocolate buttons in bowl over simmering water and spread on cooled slice.
- Score chocolate before fully set and cut when set.