Recipe by Mom2Rose
This is the perfect mix of sweet and salty for your next gathering!! For faster cooling, divide this into 2 pans after removing it from the oven.
Top Review by j.a.c.k.
If smell counts for anything this smells divine, its still in the oven and while I mix it every 15 min. I have a taste test, hopefully there will be something left at the end of the hour. Didn't have white corn syrup so used liquid glucose, don't know if its interchangable but we will see.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup white corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 (12 ounce) box Crispix cereal
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 275°F
- Spray large roasting pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, mix butter, corn syrup and brown sugar.
- Microwave on High for 2 minutes or until butter melts.
- Place the cereal, pecans and almonds in a large plastic bag (or large bowl).
- Pour in the melted butter mixture and shake gently until the cereal and nuts are coated.
- Place mixture into prepared pan.
- Baked in preheated oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Let cool, stirring occasionally to prevent large clumps from forming.