Recipe by LilPinkieJ
I have a house full of picky kids, so I end up with lots of open boxes of cereal. This works with pretty much any cereal you'd want to eat. I've used Kix, Apple Jacks, Rice Krispies, Cheerios, Cocoa Puffs, even Life! I like the stick or mini pretzels the best. I'd bet the big sourdough ones, crushed a bit of course, would be really good too. Please please please be very careful with the boiling syrup. Keep an ice bath nearby in case you spill on yourself. Any seasoned candy maker knows how horrible candy burns are.
Top Review by appleydapply
Delicious! I made exactly as listed in the ingredient list, as I happened to have those exact cereals on hand. For boiling the syrup, I brought to a boil on med-high heat, then reduced to med-low to keep at a boil.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light Karo syrup
- 1 cup Rice Chex
- 1 cup Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 cup pretzel
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Place butter, brown sugar and Karo syrup in sauce pot and boil for 6 minutes without stirring.
- Combine 4 cups of any combination of ingredients you want in large bowl.
- Pour hot butter/sugar/Karo mixture over and mix well.
- Spread mixture on waxed paper to cool and break into small chunks.Store in airtight container. Can be frozen.