Recipe by I'mPat
I started making this 30+ years ago for the DH - from a Nestles condensed milk can, the DH prefers it without the chocolate topping so I have omitted it, never done it. I've only recently just started to make this again for him, don't know why I stopped doing so in the first place, so it has been a rediscovery.
Top Review by under12parsecs
Very and very tasty. These have wonderful coconutty, caramelly sweet flavor and are nice n chewy. I was told by DH that these disappeared in the blink of an eye once his crew got wind of them. Thanks for a lovely bar, Pat.
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup coconut
- 125 g butter (4oz, melted)
- 400 g condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- For Base - Preheat oven to 180C/160Cfan forced/350°F.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Press firmly into a tray (I use one 27cm x 18cm - approximately 10 1/2" x 7") .
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes (should have a slight golden colour and still soft to the touch).
- Let cool while making filling.
- Filling - Put all ingredients into a small saucepan and cook over low heat till butter melted and well combined and takes on a golden colour (about 3 to 5 minutes).
- Pour over biscuit base and return to the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting.