Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a very good caramel sauce! I made this for some Christmas baskets last year, and got rave reviews. It makes 5 (8 oz.) jars.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups whipping cream
- Combine sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter in a 3-quart heavy saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a full boil - 15-20 minute.
- Stir in whipping cream and continue cooking 1 minute.
- Cool for 5 minute and pour into 5 (8oz.) jars. Cool 15 minute more; and cover.
- Store refrigerator.
- TO SERVE:.
- Remove cover and microwave on HIGH stirring every 60 secs, until warm - 30-60 secs.