Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These rich, shortbread-like cookie sticks are perfect for gift giving.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 30 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 325. Line 8 inch square baking pan with aluminum foil, extending foil over edges.
- Combine butter, powdered sugar and brown sugar in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Reduce speed to low; add flour, baking powder and salt. Beat until well mixed.
- Press dough evenly into prepared pan; prick dough with tines of fork every 1/2 inch. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Lift cookies from pan using aluminum foil. Immediately cut into 20 sticks. Cool completely.
- Place caramels and half & half in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high, stirring twice, until caramels are melted. Dip ends of shortbread sticks into melted caramel mixture; roll in pecans. Place onto waxed paper; let stand until set.