Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From a Land O Lakes holiday recipe booklet.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 30 unwrapped caramels
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 325°F
- Combine butter, powdered sugar and brown sugar in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Reduce speed to low; add flour, baking powder and salt. Beat until well mixed.
- Press dough evenly into 8-inch square baking pan lined with aluminum foil; prick with tines of fork every 1/2 inch.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately cut into 20 sticks. Cool completely.
- Place caramels and half & half in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH, stirring twice, until caramels are melted (1 to 2 minutes).
- Dip ends of shortbread sticks into melted caramel mixture; roll in pecans.
- Place onto waxed paper; let stand until set.