Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is a first place winner in a local competition the recipe is by Michelle Everett. I have not made it but it sounds so good I thought I would let you be the judge
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix 2/3 cup butter, 1/4 cup sugar& 1 1/4 cups flour until the mixture is crumbly.
- Pat into a 9" pan.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring the caramel ingredients to a boil and boil for 5 minutes then pour over the shortbread base.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler and pour over the cooled caramel shortbread Cool- cut into small squares.
This square is awesome
Fantastic !! I didnt have corn syrup so I added golden syrup.
These are very good. They sever them normally around here at bake sales... I can never resist.