These bars consist of a shortbread crust, firm caramel centre and milk chocolate top. The are super-easy to make and everyone loves them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees.
- 2MIX in a medium bowl 2/3 cup butter, 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 1/4 cup flour until evenly crumbly.
- 3PRESS into 9 inch square baking pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- 4COMBINE in a 2 quart saucepan 1/2 cup butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and condensed milk. Bring to a boil. Continue to boil for 5 minutes.
- 5REMOVE from heat and beat vigorously with a wooden spoon for about 3 minutes.
- 6POUR over baked crust. Cool until it begins to firm.
- 7MELT chocolate and pour over caramel layer making sure to cover the layer completely.
- 8CHILL and cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Shortbread Squares
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.3
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 12.9 mg
- Sodium 37.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 0.8 g