Recipe by laursy
These bars consist of a shortbread crust, firm caramel centre and milk chocolate top. The are super-easy to make and everyone loves them.
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees.
- MIX in a medium bowl 2/3 cup butter, 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 1/4 cup flour until evenly crumbly.
- PRESS into 9 inch square baking pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- COMBINE in a 2 quart saucepan 1/2 cup butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and condensed milk. Bring to a boil. Continue to boil for 5 minutes.
- REMOVE from heat and beat vigorously with a wooden spoon for about 3 minutes.
- POUR over baked crust. Cool until it begins to firm.
- MELT chocolate and pour over caramel layer making sure to cover the layer completely.
- CHILL and cut into squares.