Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These bars consist of a shortbread crust, firm caramel centre and milk chocolate top. The are super-easy to make and everyone loves them.
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees.
- MIX in a medium bowl 2/3 cup butter, 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 1/4 cup flour until evenly crumbly.
- PRESS into 9 inch square baking pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- COMBINE in a 2 quart saucepan 1/2 cup butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and condensed milk. Bring to a boil. Continue to boil for 5 minutes.
- REMOVE from heat and beat vigorously with a wooden spoon for about 3 minutes.
- POUR over baked crust. Cool until it begins to firm.
- MELT chocolate and pour over caramel layer making sure to cover the layer completely.
- CHILL and cut into squares.