Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I useually cut shortbreads bigger.
Make and share this Caramel Shortbread recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup ground almonds
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces high quality milk chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup toasted and sliced almonds
- Beat 1/2 cup butter and 1/4 cup sugar until pale.
- Add flour and ground almonds to form a soft dough.
- Press dough into a 8 inch square pan that has been greased,lined with parchment paper.
- BakeBake shortbread at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes,or untilpale golden brown.
- Leave in pan until cool.
- To Make Topping: Cook 3/4 cup butter, 3/8 cup sugar, syrup, and sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan on low heat.
- Bring to a boil,stirring constantly.
- Boil for 5 to 7 minutes until it has thickened and has a pale caramel color.
- Spread caramel on cooled shortbread, and let set about 40 minutes.
- Melt chocolate over low heat.
- Spread melted chocolate on top of caramel and sprinkle on toasted almonds.
Thanks for a lovely addition to my Chrissy Baking, everyone loved this recipe. I just made this again, its absolutely the best caramel slice ever.