Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
This is a great sauce to pour over cheesecakes, applesauce bread or apple cake. Also good on vanilla ice-cream, the boys tell me anyway.
Top Review by CoffeeB
I made this to have as a topping for icecream. Wonderful flavor and really easy and quick to whip up for a last minute dessert topping. I'll be saving this one and not buying the caramel sauce from the store. Thanks ChefV.!
- 177.44 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 118.29 ml heavy whipping cream
- 44.37 ml butter
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 2.46 ml cream of tartar
Directions See How It's Made
- combine 3/4 cup brown sugar, whipping cream, cream of tartar and butter in 1-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved (3 to 4 minutes).
- Remove from heat stir in vanilla.
- Drizzle sauce over each piece of cake.