Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wonderful over just about anything!
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄8 cup flour
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 dash salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, adjust to taste
- In a heavy saucepan combine sugar and flour well and whisk in water and salt.
- Cook 6 to 8 minutes stirring constantly and adding a little more hot water if it becomes too thick.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter, cream, and vanilla.
- Serve warm.
Now this is a good caramel sauce! I just got done serving this and it got 5 stars all around the table. Made for ZWT 3!