Carmen B.'s Note:
Here is a sauce that is going to curl your toes up into heaven. You decide how to use it. Hot on ice cream, on hot apple pie, or even plain cheese cake. I used a dark rum, but maybe Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum could work also and kick it up a notch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugar and cornstarch in a heavy saucepan.
- 2Stir in cream, water and corn syrup.
- 3Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly (mixture may looked curdled. Not to worry).
- 4Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in butter, vanilla and rum (have a shot for yourself).
- 6Let mixture stand at room temperature until cooled.
- 7Store in refrigerator for up to 2 months.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel-Rum Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 926.8
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 68.9 mg
- Sodium 212.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 172.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 134.4 g
- Protein 2.8 g