Recipe by Fantastical Sharing
This is my mom's recipe. She used to make these all the time when I was a child and they would barely get out of the oven before everyone dug in. I've made them for my family and my in-laws, and I always get a ton of compliments. I've seen other recipes on here (but they all use pudding or ice cream), but this truly is a SIMPLE recipe.
- 1 roll frozen bread dough, thawed (I love Rhodes and highly recommend it)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, plus some
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw bread dough beforehand.
- Combine water, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and butter in a small saucepan.
- Bring just to a boil on medium heat and then remove from heat.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface into a good size rectangle and sprinkle cinnamon and brown sugar on top to your liking.
- Roll dough like a jelly roll and slice the log into 1 1/2-inch thick rolls.
- Pour boiled sugar mixture onto bottom of an ungreased 9x13x2-inch baking dish.
- Set rolls on sides in the pan.
- Let rise to desired size and bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes or until brown.