Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very easy way to make caramel rolls!!!
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 loaves frozen bread dough, thawed but don't let it rise
- Melt ice cream and butter.
- Mix in the brown sugar, white sugar and the cinnamon.
- Break apart the thawed bread dough in to a greased 9x13 cake pan. Pour the ice cream, butter, sugar and cinnamon mixture over the dough.
- Let rise and then bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Fantastic! Since I bake a lot of bread, I used my own dough and made a double recipe. I think I'll try inverting the pan when it comes out of the oven next time in order to keep the caramel sauce on the top. I may also add some pecans to fancy it up a bit. Thanks, Cloverleaf, this is a keeper!
These rolls are really good. I buy them at a Saturday Market. Now I can make them myself! The only difference is that the carmel rolls I buy are made into cinnamon rolls. I can't wait to try them. Thanks so much for posting.