- 1⁄2 cup short-grain rice
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 30 g butter
- 1 1⁄2 liters milk (or more)
- 300 ml cream
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the rice well and drain.
- Mix with remaining ingredients and put in a buttered baking dish and bake in a slow oven 140 C for 2 - 2 1/2 hours, until rice is tender and creamy.
- Stir every 30 minutes during cooking and add more milk if necessary.
- When ready, the milk and cream should be a rich, caramel cream and a golden crust should have formed.
- Serve hot or cold.
- This can be cooked in individual dishes if wished and just eat from them.
- You can use brown, raw or demerara sugars.