Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Nothing to say about these but YUMMY!
- 24 unwrapped vanilla caramels
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 German chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a double boiler melt caramels and 2 TBS evaporated milk.
- Mix together cake mix, remaining milk, margarine and nuts.
- Spread 1/2 of the cake mixture in a greased 13x9 pan.
- Bake 350 for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chips over top.
- Drizzle melted caramels over that.
- Carefully drop/spread remaining cake mixture over top of caramel mixture.
- bake 350 for 20 minutes more.
- Cool slightly but cut while still slightly warm, but leave in pan til serving.
Very, very good! I used pecans and we really loved this, especially the kids at the barbecue!