Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Kind of like sophisticated Raisinettes!
- 8 ounces caramels (I used Werther's)
- 8 ounces dark chocolate
- 12 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter cookie, crushed finely (shortbread or similar)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Melt caramels and chocolate in microwave or in double boiler (make sure it doesn't burn).
- Stir in condensed milk, then crushed cookies and raisins.
- Spread in a foil lined, 8 x 8 pan. (Either butter or spray cooking spray on the foil for easier removal).
- Allow to cool, then refrigerate. Cut when totally cold.
- Best kept refrigerated.
WHAT A GREAT COMBO, especially since I used a very generous 1/2 cup of raisins! But beware ~ If you're a chocoholic, caramel-loving, raisin fan like myself, this recipe will serve just one, not 16! Thanks, much, for the wonderful recipe, something I look forward to making next time for one of the groups that I host each month! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs at the tail end of the current Pick A Chef]