Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is an easy way to use up ingredients in the house; eggs, dinner rolls, bread. Its a winter comfort food with all the sweet appeal of Granny's bread pudding.
- 12 day-old dinner rolls or 3⁄4 loaf stale bread
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) container caramel topping
- slice rolls or bread into 1/2 cubes.
- add the slightly beaten eggs.
- add nutmeg,cinnamon,vanilla and sugar.
- add milk to this and stir all ingredients.
- stir in raisins.
- spray a 9" x 13" cake pan with cooking spray.
- fill the pan with all ingredients.
- top with nuts and additional sprinkles of cinnamon and sugar.
- *make sure all bread or rolls are covered with wet mixture.
- you can slowly add a little more milk if needed to saturate all of the bread.
- Place in pre-heated 350 degree oven for about 40 minute Bake and remove when the top of the pudding is nicely browned.
- Serve warm or cooled, topped with a dab of carmel topping drizzled on top.