1/1 Photo of Caramel Puff Corn
Puff Corn can be found in the potato chip aisle of your grocery store. (The brand we have is Old Dutch, but I'm sure there are others.) Making caramel corn this way gives you great big "kernels" with no hulls or old maids. Quite addictive. Great at a party. Makes nice gifts too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place puff corn in a large roaster pan.
- 2In 2 quart sauce pan bring the butter, sugar & corn syrup to bring to boil, then cook for 2 minutes.
- 3Add the baking soda- this will cause the caramel mixture to foam up.
- 4Stir well and remove from heat.
- 5Pour over puff corn in roaster and bake in 250* oven for 45 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes.
- 6Remove from oven, spread out onto wax paper to cool.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Puff Corn
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.9
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 32.5 mg
- Sodium 203.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 0.6 g