Recipe by Dusty&Sarah
Directly from Hungrygirl.com Flexible for vegans, adaptable for IBD sufferers & diabetics (I.E. my house) Easily doubled
Top Review by tinatinatina
Never tasted a cake like this before! Texture of the cake is exactly in the name: a cross between pudding & cake, very soft, moist and a bit runny, almost like its undercooked, but definitely in a good way! The pumpkin and caramel flavor combination makes these little cakes irresistable! Hungry Girl has done it again! Delish!
- 2 cups moist-style yellow cake mix (1/2 of an 18.25-ounce box)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute or 1⁄3 cup energ egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free maple syrup (or not)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons sugar, in the raw or 2 teaspoons stevia, equivalent
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for topping
- 3 cubes chewy caramels (about 1 ounce)
- 2 teaspoons light vanilla soymilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all cupcake ingredients in a mixing bowl with 1/3 cup of water. Whip with a whisk or fork for 2 minutes until well blended.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray or line with baking cups. Evenly spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Place pan in the oven and cook for about 12 minutes (until cupcakes have puffed up but still appear a little gooey on top).
- Once cupcakes are cool enough to handle, arrange them closely on a plate so that the edges are touching. Place caramel and soymilk in a tall microwave-safe glass or dish (mixture will bubble and rise when heated).
- Microwave at medium power for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir mixture vigorously until smooth and thoroughly blended. (Return to microwave for 30 seconds at medium heat if caramel has not fully melted.) Immediately drizzle caramel sauce over cupcakes.