Recipe by Hey Jude
Yummy comfort food! I like it chilled but it can be served warm as well.
Top Review by aggies
This taste like the butterscotch pudding from jello. Pretty good stuff, not to sweet to eat. Just right. I didn't like the cooking of the sugar - it made a mess, and took forever. I just ended up stiring it and letting it brown. but it turned out great. Aggie
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, whisk 1/2 cup milk, cornstarch, and egg until well blended.
- In a 2-3 quart pan over medium-high heat, tilt and swirl sugar until melted and deep amber, about 4 minutes; stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups milk; mixture will bubble and sugar will harden; stir until sugar melts again, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk about 1/2 cup of the caramelized sugar mixture into cornstarch mixture, then return all to the pan.
- Stir over medium-high heat until pudding thickens and begins to bubble, 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour into bowls and serve warm, or let it cool and chill in an airtight container for up to 2 days and serve cold.