Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
This munchable mix satisfys any sweet tooth.Great gift for friends or co-workers in pretty bag or tin.
- 16 cups small pretzels
- 2 cups roasted peanuts
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Place pretzels and peanuts in a 14x20 inch oven cookin bag sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a 2 quart microwave-safe bowl,combine brown sugar,corn syrup and molasses.
- Microwave on high power 2 minutes or until mixture boils.
- Stir and microwave 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in salt,baking soda and almond extract.
- Pour syrup over pretzel mixture.
- Stir and shake bag until well coated.
- Mocrowave 1 1/2 minutes on high.
- Stir and shake.
- microwave 1 1/2 minutes longer.
- Spread on greased aluminum foil,cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
Easy to fix, and really good. My daughters kindergarden class loved it.