Recipe by byZula
This combines the sweetness of caramel with the saltiness of pretzels, nuts and popcorn!
- 8 cups broken salted pretzels
- 20 cups popped popcorn
- 4 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the pretzels, popcorn and peanuts into a large paper bag or, if you have one, a very large bowl.
- Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter.
- Cook, stirring to melt the butter and dissolve the sugar, until the mixture comes to a boil. Once the mixture is at a full boil, continue to cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the salt, vanilla, and baking soda.
- The mixture will foam up when you add the soda, so use a long spoon to stir.
- Immediately pour the sugar mixture over the popcorn and pretzels in the bag.
- Shake until evenly coated.
- For a crispier treat, boil the sugar mixture longer, or bake the finished mix in the oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 10 minutes.