Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
I love pretzels and I had a huge zucchini that my friend gave me. Well I stuffed half of it and still had tons left over. After making zucchini bread I thought to make some sweet caramel pretzels. They taste so good, especially with apple butter.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup shredded zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 0.5 (4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup caramel flavoring syrup
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pour yeast into warm water and set for 10 m inutes.
- mix flour, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- add zucchini and egg.
- after the yeast is dissolved add caramel syrup, then add liquid to mixture.
- need about 10 times and let sit until double in size in a warm moist place.
- punch and cut dough into six pieces.
- twist pretzels and keep about 1/4 inch thick.
- bake for 25 minutes while coating with caramel sauce.