Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A request for Thanksgiving dessert, they say it is to die for, I wish I could have some, oh well, fruit and cheese is good too!!
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 14 caramels
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 (250 g) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- Combine crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of 9 inch spring form pan.
- Melt caramels with milk in saucepan on low, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in pecans, pour over crust.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla on medium until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time; mix just until blended.
- Pour batter over caramel mixture.
- Bake at 350f degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until centre is almost set.
- Cool completely.
- Chill 4 hours or overnight.
- If desired, drizzle with caramel sauce and top with a few pecans.
It was great. The second time I made it I made an error and it was better. Instead of 3 eggs I used 2 and added 3 tblspn half and half. A ready made graham crust saves time and works great. Vanilla wafers also make a great crust if you don't have graham crkrs
I made this for my family this thanksgiving(Canada) and it turned out absolutely wonderful! I did drizzle it with caramel sauce at the end and topped it with toasted pecans - yumm!! Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe!