Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a very smooth, light cheesecake.
- 14 graham crackers
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- In food processor/blender, combine graham crackers& pecans, cover& process until fine& crumbly.
- Stir in butter.
- Press in bottom of ungreased 10 in.
- springform pan.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- In a bixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in flour.
- Add eggs, on low just till combined.
- Stir in sour cream, milk& vanilla.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake 325 degrees for 75-80 min til center is almost set.
- Cool 10 min.
- Carefully run knife around edge to loosen; cool 1 1/2 hours.
- Heat 1/2 cup sugar in a heavy saucepan over medium low heat, without stirring until melted and golden brown.
- Reduce heat to low; gradually add cream and remaining sugar (melted sugar will harden).
- Cook and stir until sugar is completely melted.
- Continue cooking, without stirring, over medium heat until a candy thermometer reaches 225 degrees.
- Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla, add nuts.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Spread topping evenly over cheesecake (do not scrape sides of pan).
- Chill overnight.
- Remove sides of pan before serving.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- NOTES: NOTE FOR CHEESECAKE& TOPPING, DO NOT USE FAT FREE OR LIGHT INGREDIENTS!
- Do not substitute.
- Use real butter.
This recipe is delicious! The cheesecake is light and fluffy and the topping is rich and sweet. We made it for Thanksgiving. It was a huge success!