Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is very similiar to Poppycock. Has white and brown sugar. I got recipe from cooks.com Made this Christmas and it went over well. I didn't care for the pecans and next time will use peanuts.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 20 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup almonds or 1 cup peanuts
- Bring butter, sugars, syrup, and salt to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and soda.
- Stir well.
- Pour over popcorn and nuts.
- Spread on 2 cookie sheets.
- Bake for 1 hour at 250°F stirring every 20 minutes.
- Cool and store in airtight containers.
Great taste. Easy to make. I used 15 cups of popcorn. 3 cups of mixed nuts.