Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This came from an old cookbook of mine and is a favorite of my family. Hope you enjoy it also.
- Mix ingredients together and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir and return to microwave for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from microwave and add 1/2 tsp soda and 1 tsp vanilla.
- Stir and dump into 4 quarts of popped popcorn and 1 cup of peanuts (optional) which is in a large brown grocery bag. Shake bag.
- Microwave in paper bag for 1 1/2 minutes on high. Shake bag and again microwave for 1 1/2 minutes on high. Shake bag and microwave for 1 minute on high.
- Spread on a cookie sheet or alumimum foil and spread out to cool. You can then break up the caramel corn into individual pieces. Enjoy.
We love this caramel corn! It's even better with toasted pecans...thanks for posting!
This recipe is for a novice who has never made caramel popcorn before! It is absolutely blue ribbon perfect! There are 6 teenagers inhaling it as I write! I will put this in my "Best of Zaar so far" cookbook! Thanks for making me look good! KCShell
I love this recipe! I have used it for maybe 15 years, and have never had it come out wrong. If you don't seal it up for storage, it tends to get sticky (which is how I like it)You DO have to make sure your microwave is big enough to handle the amoint of popcorn you're using. LOL. Thanks for posting this, its AWESOME!