Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Making these is a fun family activity. We look forward to making and eating these every Fall. Muncha Muncha Muncha!!!
- Combine popcorn and Rice Crispies cereal in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, warm caramels and water until the caramels are melted.
- Stir in peanuts and salt; mix well.
- Pour over popcorn mixture and toss to coat.
- With buttered hands, shape into 3 inch balls and place on waxed paper.
- Reshape if necessary when partially cooled.
So easy to make and so delicious!
I didn't have any peanuts, so I mixed peanut butter in with the caramels. As a result, mine never really hardened fully, but they were a big hit anyway! Much easier than some other recipes I've seen. THanks!
Good! I made these back at Halloween time to hand out to the trick or treaters that I knew - not sure where my review went. The flavour of these popcorn balls is great and they are nice & crunchy. We just found them a little dry & salty. Next time I'll cut out the salt & cut back a bit on the popcorn.