Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 quarts popped popcorn
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (95 degrees C).
- Place popcorn in a very large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil without stirring for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla.
- Pour in a thin stream over popcorn, stirring to coat.
- Place in two shallow baking pans or dishes and bake in preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, for 1 hour.
- If you like chewy popcorn, bake for less time.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before breaking into pieces.