Recipe by KimmieOH
My family loves this caramel corn recipe but especially around the Holiday’s! HINT -- Place the caramel corn in a decorative tin and you have a great treat to pass out to special friends/neighbors/teachers etc. during the holiday season!
- 2 (3 ounce) bags microwave popcorn
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can mixed nuts (optional)
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Karo syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Pop popcorn; place popped popcorn in a buttered roasting pan and set aside.
- In a saucepan mix margarine, salt, brown sugar and Karo.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Boil for 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from stove.
- Add 2 tsp vanilla and a ½ teaspoons baking soda. Mix well (this will be foamy).
- Pour over popcorn and mix well.
- Bake 250°F for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Pour onto cookie sheets and let cool.