- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup karo white corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- peanuts (optional)
- 3 batches popcorn, popped
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together all ingredients down to, but not including, baking soda.
- In saucepan and bring to boil.
- Boil for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- When ready to put on popcorn, take the 1 t baking soda and stir in.
- It will foam.
- Then stir into popped corn.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- If not eating right away and it gets hard or you have leftovers you can put it in the oven at 200 until it softens some.