Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 12 cups popcorn, air-popped
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup, light
- 1⁄4 cup reduced fat margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place popped corn in oven while preparing caramel glaze.
- In medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup, margarine, and salt.
- Cook ten minutes.
- Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Without stirring, boil four minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in baking.
- soda and vanilla extract.
- Pour over warm popcorn; tossing to coat completely.
- Bake 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Turn popcorn mixture onto a large piece of foil.
- Cool completely.
- Break mixture into small pieces.
- Place in large bowl.
very good. i took about 15 minutes off the oven time though.