Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe years ago from a neighbor and loved it! It's great at parties and gift giving at Christmas. Makes lots!
- 3785.0-7570.0 ml prepared popcorn
- 473.18 ml brown sugar
- 236.59 ml butter
- 118.29 ml corn syrup or 118.29 ml maple syrup
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml peanuts (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 250.
- Prepare popcorn and set aside.
- In a sauce pan bring to a boil brown sugar, butter and syrup.
- Boil at a slow boil for 5 minutes without stirring.
- Remove and add baking soda, salt, vanilla and peanuts.
- Pour over popcorn and toss.
- Lay out on greased cookie sheets and bake for 1 hour stirring every 20 minutes.
- Store in Large Zip Lock Bags.
My roomate and I threw a Halloween party...she went out and bought a zillion of individually wrapped carmel candies to make carmel popcorn. What a waste! Being a vegan, I used this recipe and substituted margarine for butter. Yum. Most people told me (away from my roomate's ears) that mine was much better :-) P.S. Very sticky stuff...if you have any dental appliance, I don't recommend this.
I don't usually review a recipe that has over 20 reviews already - I mean, we get it - it's a good recipe, but this...this is worth another review. I love caramel and caramel (usually) hates me - I can't make it...ever. My family laughs at me, but it is true. Anyway, I can make this! And it is great! Double win! This is a superb recipe - not a ton of ingredients (and all in my pantry) and good, clear instructions that yield a fabulous result. Thank you!
I used half coconut oil and half butter... And also lined pans with parchment paper to make easy cleanup... Excellent and will definitely make again